About the TOEFL® ITP Assessment Series
TOEFL ITP tests provide convenient, affordable English proficiency tests that can be used for institutional placement, progress evaluation, exit testing and other situations that don't require a secure environment. More than 500,000 ITP tests are administered worldwide each year, and that number continues to grow. The TOEFL ITP tests consist of previously administered TOEFL English-language tests and are used to evaluate English as a second language skill for academic purposes.
Only students enrolled in the University of Tirana in Bachelor and Master Programmes can take the TOEFL ITP Test. Students from other public and private institutions should take the TOEIC Test.
What are the TOEFL ITP tests?
The TOEFL ITP tests measure English proficiency at the intermediate to advanced levels. They are composed of previously administered TOEFL paper-based test forms.
The exam uses an academic context to evaluate nonnative speakers' skills in:
- Listening Comprehension
- Structure and Written Expression
Multiple test forms exist, and the test can be administered throughout the year.
UT-ETS is licensed to administer TOEFL ITP tests to individuals or to groups. The time required for administration of the TOEFL ITP test is approximately two hours.
After the test, examinee answer sheets are returned to ETS or to your TOEFL representative for scoring. Scores are available approximately two weeks later.
Each section is scored separately to assist you in determining which skills need more work, enabling you to tailor learning activities to meet the needs of each student.
Who should use TOEFL ITP tests?
The TOEFL ITP tests provide a convenient and affordable assessment of English-language proficiency for:
- Secondary schools
- Colleges and universities
- English-language programs
Although the test content is the same as in the paper-based TOEFL test, it is important to understand that TOEFL ITP tests are not used for the same purposes as the actual TOEFL test.
The TOEFL test is an official test administered by ETS under secure conditions. Its scores can be used by institutions to make important decisions, such as whether or not to admit a student. The TOEFL ITP tests, conversely, consist of previously administered TOEFL paper-based tests that your program administers for its own internal use.
How should an institution use the TOEFL ITP tests?
An institution should use the TOEFL ITP tests to make internal decisions such as:
- Placing individuals in appropriate English courses
- Assessing progress
- Exiting a program
- Measuring a program's effectiveness
- Screening for exchange programs or scholarships
- Awarding academic credit
- Fulfilling a language requirement
- Assessing faculty or other professional-level staff
TOEFL ITP test scores should NOT be sent to other institutions.
How can a program administer TOEFL ITP tests?
Multiple forms of the test are available, and customers can conduct testing throughout the year. ETS provides programs with manuals that contain thorough instructions on administering the TOEFL ITP tests. TOEFL ITP tests are to be administered only to students attending the institution that administers TOEFL ITP tests.
Why are TOEFL ITP tests the ideal choice for a program?
The TOEFL ITP Assessment Series is the leading on-site testing program in the world. Every year, more than 1,500 institutions and agencies from around the globe administer 500,000 ITP tests.
TOEFL ITP tests are ideal for a program because they are:
- Reliable, based on the TOEFL test, the most trusted English-language assessment in the world.
- Available on demand. THE INSTITUTION itself chooses the test date.
- Convenient. The institution uses its OWN facilities and staff to administer the test, and return the materials to ETS for accurate scoring.
- Flexible, containing multiple test forms, allowing you to test throughout the year.
- Quick to deliver scores, doing so approximately two weeks after score sheets are received.
- Helpful in determining academic readiness and development needs.